Although affordable, this safari itinerary offers you one of the best safari experiences in Zambia. You will have an opportunity to enjoy the best wildlife safaris of the South Luangwa and Lower Zambezi National Parks. You also have water-activities in the Lower Zambezi and your trip will end with visiting the magnificent Victoria.
Day 1 - Flight from Lusaka Airport to Mfuwe Airport in South Luangwa
- On arrival off your international flight at Lusaka Airport, you will catch a connecting domestic flight to Mfuwe Airport in the South Luangwa.
- At Mfuwe Airport, a safari guide from Wildlife Camp will welcome you and transfer you to Wildlife Camp where you will spend the first 3 nights of your unforgettable Zambian safari.
Brief notes about the South Luangwa National Park
For most visitors, South Luangwa National Park is by far the most practical park to visit in the valley. This is Zambia’s premier wildlife park, with superb wildlife and many excellent camps. This is where the now famous walking safaris started from over 60 years ago and this unique African destination retains some of the finest world-class safari guides.
There are many contenders for the title of Africa’s best game park. The Serengeti, Amboseli, Ngorongoro Crater, Etosha, Kruger, Moremi and Mana Pools would certainly be high on the list. South Luangwa has a better claim than most. Some of these other areas will match its phenomenally high game densities. Many others – the lesser known of Africa’s parks – will have equally few visitors. One or two also allow night drives, which open up a different, nocturnal world to view, allowing leopards to be commonly seen and even watched whilst hunting.
However, few have South Luangwa’s high quality of guiding together with its remarkable wildlife spectacles, day and night, in the isolation of a true wilderness. These elements, perhaps, are how the contenders ought to be judged, and on these the South Luangwa Park comes out around the top of the list.
You will have the above activities in the company of qualified professional guides from Wildlife Camp during your safari in the South Luangwa National Park.
Day 1 to Day 4 - Wildlife Camp, South Luangwa National Park
Wildlife Camp has 9 en-suite chalets, five of which are situated in a quiet corner of the camp, overlooking a lagoon area and surrounded by huge shady trees while the other four are located in the centre of our camp, conveniently close to our reception area, main bar and restaurant. These four chalets each offer unique views over the Luangwa River.
Day 4 - Flight from Mfuwe Airport to Lusaka Airport
- After breakfast on this day, you will be on a transfer to Mfuwe Airport to catch a domestic flight to Lusaka Airport.
- On arrival at Lusaka Airport, our driver will welcome you and transfer you to Kiambi Safari Lodge where you will be staying during your 3 nights stay on the Lower Zambezi.
Day 4 to Day 7 - Kiambi Safari Lodge, Lower Zambezi
Kiambi Safari Lodge a gentle, mellow taste of the Lower Zambezi, and sets the uniquely African stage for a journey of discovery. The lodge is situated in the Chiawa Game Management area of the Zambezi Valley, in a prime location on the confluence of the Zambezi and Kafue Rivers. Kiambi Lower Zambezi offers a unique composite experience, a rare combination of Africa’s culture, scenery and wildlife. This is “The real Africa”.
The combination of spacious, comfortable luxury air conditioned chalets and luxury thatched tented chalets, all with breathtaking views over the Zambezi River, together with the aura of untouched Africa, promotes an invigorating sense of harmony and well-being.
The following activities are included in this package during your stay at Kiambi Safari Lodge;
- 1 x Sunset Boat Cruise
- 1 x Half day guided canoeing safari
- 1 x full day game drive safari in Lower Zambezi National Park with packed lunch on board
- 1 x 2 hours afternoon boat game cruise safari
Day 7 – Road Travel from Lower Zambezi to Lusaka Airport
Day 7 to Day 10 - Victoria Falls Waterfront Lodge, Livingstone
Fun and lively, the Victoria Falls Waterfront is the perfect place to stay when you are looking for centrally located, yet affordable Livingstone accommodation.
The Victoria Falls Waterfront Lodge has long been known as the heart of Livingstone, Victoria Falls Zambia. Only four kilometres from the areas main attraction, the Victoria Falls, the resort is ideally positioned to take advantage of the many activities that are on offer in the area.The Waterfront resort offers great facilities including a restaurant and bar where many sundowners have been enjoyed from the deck whilst overlooking the Zambezi River and Siloka Island.
Sundowners on the Zambezi River are an essential start to a holiday in Victoria Falls. Each day the HMV Makumbi, the party boat of note, departs from the Waterfront jetty for a sunset cruise up the Zambezi, that includes all drinks and snacks, returning as night falls.
The Victoria Falls Waterfront Lodge Facilities
- Affordable Vic Falls accommodation
- Only 4 kms from the Victoria Falls, Zambia
- Located on the Zambezi River
- Restaurant & Bar
- Sunset cruise daily
- Internet café
- Great place from which to do activities
- Enjoy fantastic pizzas at the restaurant
Why stay at Victoria Falls Waterfront?
- Centrally located
- Watch amazing African sunsets from the deck
- Value for money accommodation on the Zambian side of Victoria Falls
During your 3 nights stay in Livingstone, the following activities are included in this package;
- 1 x guided tour of the Victoria Falls
- 1 x Sunset cruise on Makumbi
- 1 x Full day visit to Chobe National Park in Botswana (including 1 game drive, 1 boat cruise, return transfers and lunch meal)
You can book other activities from the activities desk right at Victoria Falls Waterfront Lodge when you are there – there are also numerous adventure activities in the city of Livingstone for you to try whilst you are there